[R] Use of R in clinical trials

Kingsford Jones kingsfordjones at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 06:53:05 CET 2010

A John Chambers article (published back when S was but a twinkle in
his eye) provides an interesting snapshop of pre-SAS statistical
computing:

@article{chambers67,
  title={Some general aspects of statistical computing},
  author={Chambers, J.M.},
  journal={Journal of the Royal Statistical Society. Series C (Applied
Statistics)},
  volume={16},
  number={2},
  pages={124--132},
  year={1967},
  publisher={Blackwell Publishing; Royal Statistical Society}
}

BMD and P-stat are discussed in some detail, while the following get
mention in the reference section: TISER, BOMM, ASCOP, AARDVARK,
TARSIER, ZORILLA, GENSTAT, and STORM, among others.

best,

Kingsford Jones