[R] Comparing two date columns

Newbie19_02 nvanzuydam at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 21:19:17 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I have another fairly simple question.  I want to take the earliest of two
dates from these two date columns.  I've tried converting the dates to
numbers and just get a vector full of NA's.  I've also tried using the chron
function to compare the two and have been unsuccessful.  I then tried to
use:temp.2 <- as.POSIXct(strptime(temp, '%d/%m/%Y')) where temp is character
vector of one of the date columns this did not work either.  I'm not sure
what to do now.

date_1             date_2
2005-11-25       <NA>
2007-10-23       <NA>