[R] Tutorials and scripts of Stochastic Frontier Analysis and Linear Programming.

Arne Henningsen arne.henningsen at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:33:30 CET 2010

Hi Marcus!

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Marcus Vinicius <mvinic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to program  my own models about Stochastic Frontier Analysis and
> Linear programming (Data Envelopment Analysis). In this context, is there
> anyone that may help me with some simple tutorials and scripts about these
> issues?

What do you mean with "own models"? Have you developed new theoretical
models that are not (yet) available in current software package?

Various types of Stochastic Frontier Analysis (SFA) can be performed
by the "frontier" package [1,2] and there are (at least) three R
packages for Data Envelopment Analysis: DEA [3], FEAR [4] (academic
use without payments but NOT open source :-( ), and one of my
colleagues has an unpublished package for DEA (I can ask him to send
it to you).

[1] http://cran.r-project.org/package=frontier
[2] http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/frontier/
[3] http://cran.r-project.org/package=DEA