[R] Use of R in clinical trials

Cody Hamilton cody.shawn at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 20:20:53 CET 2010

Points regarding the advantages of LaTex are very well taken. If I were fortunate enough to have complete ownership of the document (as might be the case with a DSMB report produced by the Biostat group), then LaTex would be a wonderful choice.  Though I am not a LaTex user, I can easily imagine that the productivity gains could be considerable.

Unfortunately, in most cases the Biostatistics group is responsible for providing a relatively small piece of the overall document which is owned by another group that inevitably uses MS Office.