[R] reading quattro pro spreadsheet .qpw into R

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 17:35:11 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:12 PM, stephen sefick <ssefick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have many quattro pro spreadsheets and no quattro pro.  Is there a
> way to access the data using R, or any other solution that anyone can
> think of?

 OpenOffice claims it can read Quattro Pro 6.0 'wb2' files, but maybe
they are different to .qpw files. MS Excel claims some Quattro Pro
readability - I've just read something about wb1 files. Maybe Gnumeric
can read them? What have you tried?

 Perhaps if you put a representative file somewhere we can download and try?

Barry