[R] plot more series or more colors

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Tue Feb 16 00:50:00 CET 2010

On 02/16/2010 09:50 AM, joonR wrote:

> Hey,
> I need either to plot more than one series of data on the same plot,
> or to color the points of a single series with different colors according to
> some parameter,
> how can I do that?
>
> (data are 2 coordinates point that I want to plot in 2D)

Hi joonR,
Look at the color.scale and smoothColors functions in the plotrix
package. The former translates numeric values into colors along an
arbitrary color dimension and the latter allows the user to define a
series of colors between an arbitrary number of color anchors. You might
also want to look at the colourschemes package.

Jim