[R] all possible subsets, with AIC

Nutter, Benjamin NutterB at ccf.org
Mon Feb 15 14:01:28 CET 2010

I've dabbled in this a little bit, and the result of my dabbling is
attached.  I'll give you fair warning, however.  The attached function
can take a long time to run, and if your model has 10 or more
predictors, you may be retired before it finishes running.

In any case, it will models for all possible subsets of predictors in
lm, glm, or coxph.  If requested, it will also plot the R-squared,
Adjusted R-squared, AIC, or BIC of those models (when the values are
applicable to the model).  It might give you a good starting point.

Benjamin