[R] executable R script under xp (to avoid migration toward Matlab or C++)

PtitBleu ptit_bleu at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 15 11:37:27 CET 2010

Hello,

I discovered R two years ago and thanks to the R-community I managed to
write some scripts to analyze my data stored in mysql databases.
The only problem is that I am the only one using R in the lab. Colleagues
mainly use Matlab (but not with mysql, only with text files) but regularly
come to me to get data treated with R-scripts !!!.

To allow the use of my scripts by other people, my boss asked me to make
executables (.exe) with my scripts or to pay someone (I'm only end-user and
not a computer scientist) to translate them into matlab langage (and then
into .exe) or into C++ meaning abandoning R. And I don't want to.

So is it possible to make executables from R scripts ? It seems it is not
the case but I hope I missed a way to do it.

Thanks in advance for your answers,
Have a nice day,
Ptit Bleu.