[R] Estimated Standard Error for Theta in zeroinfl()

Lam, Tzeng Yih Tzengyih.Lam at oregonstate.edu
Mon Feb 15 00:49:20 CET 2010

Dear R Users,

When using zeroinfl() function to fit a Zero-Inflated Negative Binomial (ZINB) model to a dataset, the summary() gives an estimate of log(theta) and its standard error, z-value and Pr(>|z|) for the count component. Additionally, it also provided an estimate of Theta, which I believe is the exp(estimate of log(theta)).

However, if I would like to have an standard error of Theta itself (not the SE.logtheta), how would I obtain or calculate that standard error?

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
Tzeng Yih Lam

PhD Candidate
Department of Forest Engineering, Resources and Management
College of Forestry
Oregon State University
321 Richardson Hall
Corvallis OR 97330 USA