[R] running means

RagingJim nowa0021 at flinders.edu.au
Fri Feb 12 04:57:44 CET 2010

ok, solved it. Hoowever (there is always a however), I would like to centre
the line plot of the rolling mean onto the centre of each bar in my bar
plot. Currently, the lines aligns itself with the RHS of bars.

I have tried this
http://n4.nabble.com/Barplot-plot-same-scale-td1009254.html#a1009269 but it
does not work. It draws the line on, but the line is stretched, and does not
fit my rainfall data at all as it extends outside the RHS of the barplot.

kent2<-zoo(kent)
kent2<-rollapply(kent,11,mean,align=c("center"))

mp<-barplot(c(kent2))              #kent 2 is the matrix of the rolling mean
data
barplot(Ann,main=title, xlab="Year",ylab="Rainfall (mm)",
ylim=c(0,ymax),col="blue",space=0)
lines(c(kent2),lwd=2)                # I have drawn it twice just to see the
difference
lines(mp,c(kent2),lwd=2,col="red")