[R] Installation require proxy settings (2)

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Wed Feb 10 19:25:39 CET 2010

The http_proxy environmental variable should look something like: http://your.proxy.com:8080  (at least that is what mine looks like and it works), my http_proxy_user is just the word "ask" which makes it prompt me for my username and password (first time I connect each session).

You can double check that R is getting the correct values by using: Sys.getenv("http_proxy") and seeing that that matches what it should.

I have not received your particular error, so am not sure exactly what is causing it.  Try the above, it may help.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org