[R] OrdFacReg

Andrew Kosydar drewdogy at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 10 02:53:36 CET 2010

Hello All,

I have a dataset with a continuous response variable and an ordered factor predictor.  I am very interested in using the package OrdFacReg to run my analysis, but I am having a difficult time deciphering the code and making it work for my dataset.  Given that this is a new package, I was unable to find any posts regarding OrdFacReg or examples to use as a template.  Normally, I would run the analysis as an anova with the following code:

NB.aov<-aov(effect~NB, data=LH.df)

To give you some background, "effect" is a continuous variable and "NB" is ordered 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.  I tried each of following code to no avail:

ordFacReg(effect, NB)
ordFacReg(effect, NB, ordering="i", type="LS")
ordFacReg(effect, NB, fact, ordfact, ordering="i", type="LS", intercept)

I truly appreciate any insights or suggestions on how to best structure the code in order to perform an analysis with ordFacReg.

Most Respectfully,

Andrew

Andrew Kosydar
University of Washington