[R] Formula used to create new plot

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Feb 9 22:32:25 CET 2010

It is not clear what exactly you want, but here are some ideas.

Lattice and ggplot2 allow you to save graph objects that can then be modified/printed/plotted, there is information in there on types of axes etc.

For basic graphics (and others) you can use the history command to see recent plotting commands issued.

The plot2script function in the TeachingDemos package will create a script that will recreate the current plot (but uses low level plotting commands, not the same as was typed in).

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org