[R] Physically open Excel file from R

Sergey Goriatchev sergeyg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:48:20 CET 2010

Hello, everyone

I wonder if it is possible to PHYSICALLY open an Excel file from R.
The reason I ask is, I produce regularly an Excel file in R, and then
I want to make it look good, so I have a VBA routine in another Excel
file that works on the regular Excel file.
This formatting file executes VBA code on open, so all I need to do is
physically open it (no reading/writing at all). I wonder if that can
be done from R, so that I do as little as possible manually.

Thanks in advance for help!
Regards,
Sergey
--
Simplicity is the last step of art./Bruce Lee

Kniven skärpes bara mot stenen.