[R] Reading large files

Vadlamani, Satish {FLNA} SATISH.VADLAMANI at fritolay.com
Sun Feb 7 01:53:53 CET 2010

Gabor:
It did suppress the message now and I was able to load the data. Question.

1. test_df <- read.csv.sql(file="3wkoutstatfcst_small.dat", filter="perl parse_3wkout.pl")

In the statement above, should the filename in file= and the file name that the perl script uses through the filter= command be the same? I would think not.  I would say that if filter= is passed to the statement, then the filename should be ignored. Is this how it works?

Thanks.
Satish