[R] Spider Plot color problem

IoanLoft jm4440 at bris.ac.uk
Fri Feb 5 16:21:21 CET 2010

Hi all,

I have encountered a problem which appears to have defeated my (admittedly
nascent) R skills. I want to draw a spider plot with many cases (just over
300). I am primarily interested in the difference between 4 categories of
cases, and want to display them as different colors. the col.stars parameter
does not change the color of the lines (which I'm after), but fills the
stars in (which I'm not after). I have tried fiddling around with par but
that only changes the label color.

I notice in the help file that further arguments can be passed to stars, and
to see plot.default. I have tried passing col="red" for example, but to no
avail.

so far I have (where x is a dataframe containing 18 variables and 320
cases):

stars(x,locations=c(0,0), scale=FALSE, radius=FALSE, key.loc = c(0,0),
main="title")

and I haven't got any further than that. It would be great if anyone could
help.

Many thanks,