[R] splint / lint-like syntax checker for R

Mark Huberty mark.huberty at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 01:33:02 CET 2010

Greetings -

Does CRAN or someone similar make a splint / lint-like syntax checker
for R? I realize that both ESS and the debug package and similar tools
have debugging and error analysis features, but those appear to require
running the code through the R buffer. I'd like something that did basic
syntax and object-name verification for code that was to run in batch,
as a precursor to doing trial runs. Apologies if this already exists and
I missed it, but nothing showed up on Google, CRAN, or r-help that I
could find.

Thanks,
Mark Huberty