[R] svm

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Thu Feb 4 02:31:36 CET 2010

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Amy Hessen wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>

> Thank you very much for your reply.
>
> Could you please guide me to any helpful reference to learn about the
> other non-linear regression algorithms available in R language and about
> how I use any of them?

There are a few papers in the Journal of Statistical Software that might
be interesting for you. The paper about the "caret" package gives a good
overview, many further pointers, and an easy-to-use interface (see
http://www.jstatsoft.org/v28/i05/). There is also a comparison of Support
Vector Machines in R (in http://www.jstatsoft.org/v15/i09/). Further
interesting issues might be kernlab (http://www.jstatsoft.org/v11/i09/) or
glmnet (http://www.jstatsoft.org/v33/i01/) among others.

See also the Machine Learning task view

   http://CRAN.R-project.org/view=MachineLearning

for other approaches and their implementations.

hth,