[R] What font exactly is tkrplot looking for

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 3 19:05:53 CET 2010

Hello.

I am getting an error thrown from tkrplot.  It is

X11 font -adobe-helvetica-%s-%s-*-*-%d-*-*-*-*-*-*-*, face 1 at size 12
could not be loaded

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.1 Patched (2009-12-29 r50852)
i686-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
  [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US       LC_NUMERIC=C         LC_TIME=en_US
  [4] LC_COLLATE=C         LC_MONETARY=C        LC_MESSAGES=en_US
  [7] LC_PAPER=en_US       LC_NAME=C            LC_ADDRESS=C
[10] LC_TELEPHONE=C       LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] tcltk     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] tkrplot_0.0-18    TeachingDemos_2.5

[1] tools_2.10.1

I know this means tkrplot can't find the font it's looking for.  I have
that font family available as 75dpi (according to xfontsel).  Is it
looking for the 100dpi version?

I'm pretty sure I have the necessary fonts.  I just may need to tell X
where they are, so I'm wondering exactly which font(s) are being requested.

Thanks.

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist, Knowledge Translation Program