[R] Comparing Variables and Writing a New Column

Jerry Floren jerry.floren at state.mn.us
Mon Feb 1 22:47:06 CET 2010

Hi David ( and Erik via e-mail),

I think David's code is working. While using it I discovered there was an
error in some previous code of mine that generated my df.soil table. After
running David's code, nearly all lab results were flagged as **H. Then I
looked at the df.soil table and found that the medians were all set to .28,
and naturally nearly all the lab results were too high.

Now I have to figure out what I did wrong in the previous steps when I set
up the tables.

Thanks for your help.

Jerry Floren
Minnesota Department of Agriculture