[R] linear regression for grouped data

entropy entropy053 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 07:15:19 CET 2010

Thanks alot for the quick responses.
I have some additional questions related to this topic. In fact, my
intention was to be able to answer questions like what percent of the
regressions have p_values less than a certain threshold, how do
residuals look like, how do the plots of y vs. x look like, etc.
I tried the following commands and found that the second line (and
similar ones) does not work for extracting certain statistics.

regress=lapply(split(egfr, as.factor(egfr$P_ID)), function(df)
{anova(lm(VALUE ~ LAB_DT, data=df)) })
regress[1]$residuals; regress[1]$fstatistic[1]

So, is it possible to record statistics of each regression such as
p_value, F-value, residuals, etc. as a vector?

Thanks,