[R] Importing Sas files to R

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at frontier.com
Tue Dec 28 05:55:52 CET 2010

I presume you have SAS installed on your system and the path to the SAS.exe executable is in your Windows path environment variable, and the file, ex.sas7bdat, is in the root directory of your C: dive.  You might try something like

try<-sas.get("C:/", "ex")

If SAS is not in your path then you will need to specify where to find it.  This would work on my system, your SAS location might be different.  The first parameter is libraryName and should contain the Windows directory where your dataset is located.  The second parameter is member and should contain the dataset name (without the sas7bdat extension)

try<-sas.get("C:/", "ex", sasprog= "C:/Program Files/SAS/SASFoundation/9.2/sas.exe")

If you don't have access to SAS on your system, this will not work.

Hope this is helpful,

Dan

Daniel Nordlund
Bothell, WA USA