[R] can't install R with *local* gcc

Oliver Kullmann O.Kullmann at swansea.ac.uk
Mon Dec 27 19:48:05 CET 2010

Hello,

I infer from your answer that piece of information which
is most important for us now: That my configuration instructions
for R should work (should be correct).

Given all these unspecified build-systems we have to fight (at least
Gmp, Mpfr, Gcc with everything in it, R, and finally our own)
one first wants to know where obvious errors are.

Thanks!

Once I know more (we are in the middle of it) I move to
the devel-list.

Oliver

P.S. Currently it seems that the Gcc-build is not correct (still the same with 4.4.5),
not propagating linker-information to the building of libraries (while the compiler-builds
seem alright).