[R] installation of R/parallel package in win32/64

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 22 14:35:21 CET 2010

This is simply misinformation.  The Rtools distribution does include
g++ suitably configured for static linking of libstdc++, and that
works for the hundreds of CRAN/BioC packages using C++.

And please report bugs in packages to their maintainers, not here.
You do not need to include the paths to MinGW's include and lib
directories in Makevars.win, so that package should not have them.