[R] dotchart for matrix data

e-letter inpost at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 15:59:33 CET 2010

On 18/12/2010, e-letter <inpost at gmail.com> wrote:

>> [... snip ...]
>>
>>> I am trying to create a chart like this
>>> (http://www.b-eye-network.com/images/content/Fig4_3.jpg); so this is
>>> not possible using R?
>>
>> That looks an awful lot like what lattice's dotplot would
>> produce. So: have you tried dotplot() as Ben has suggested?

If one set of value ranges for 10-20 and another set ranges form
1000-1500, how to adjust the graph such that:

with categories on the ordinate (y-axis), can the bottom abscissa
(x-axis bottom) be set with a scale suitable for the data set of range
1000-1500?
can the top abscissa (x-top) be set with a scale 10-20?
or is it better practice to change the scale of the data set 1000-1500
by two orders of magnitude?
how is it possible to control the order of the category variables? For
example, if the graph shows:

Is it possible to change to

Thanks