[R] box-and-whisker plots based on summary not data

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Fri Dec 17 18:30:07 CET 2010

Can you show us what you tried and how it differs from what you expect?

The boxplot function calculates the summaries, then calls the bxp function to do the plotting.  So you should be able to create a list similar to what boxplot does that you can then pass directly to bxp.  If you have tried this and it is not working, then it is difficult for us to guess where the problem is without some idea of the code you are using and the error you are getting.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org