[R] Changing a value in a particular row and column within a text file

Mauricio Zambrano hzambran.newsgroups at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 10:13:10 CET 2010

Dear list,

I need to change a value within a particular line of a plain text file
with characters and numbers, and I haven't found any way of doing this
by using R.

What I have a is a file that doesn't have tabular data (so, I think
that 'read.table' or 'read.delim' are not the right tools for this),
but some text, and I now exactly the row that has to be modified and
the columns within that row that have to be changed with a new
numerical value.

I don't' know any way of reading a text file line by line in R, and
this is the only solution in R that I have figured out so far...

Any idea about how can I do this ?.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mauricio