[R] Adding graphs to a map

driechel driechel at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 13:02:29 CET 2010

I have been searching for a while how to do this but I have no clue.
So I have a shape file, with 10 points where some water quality is measured.
In an csv file I have these values. I would like to couple this measurements
(in boxplot) to each point in the shapefile and connect the name of the
point by a line (the name is a little bit outside the map to keep things
clean).
The end product thus is a map with 10 points that each have a boxplot
containing their measurement data.

I hope this is clear enough.....
How could I do this?