[R] ebimage problems

kraman kripa777 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:39:38 CET 2010

Hello, I've been having some trouble working with the aroma package and have
realized that it's my ebimage is at the root of the problem. The package
builds but during testing it fails because of an undefined symbol as seen
below:

installing to /usr/local/lib64/R/library/EBImage/libs

** R

** inst

** preparing package for lazy loading

** help

*** installing help indices

** building package indices ...

** testing if installed package can be loaded

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :

  unable to load shared library
'/usr/local/lib64/R/library/EBImage/libs/EBImage.so':

  /usr/local/lib64/R/library/EBImage/libs/EBImage.so: undefined symbol:
MagickCoreTerminus

ERROR: loading failed

* removing â/usr/local/lib64/R/library/EBImageâ

The downloaded packages are in

        â/tmp/RtmpE4xaFL/downloaded_packagesâ

Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'

Warning message:

In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, ...) :

  installation of package 'EBImage' had non-zero exit status

Any suggestions/ feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
-K