[R] Odp: calculating mean of list components

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Wed Dec 15 14:38:26 CET 2010

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 15.12.2010 14:22:15:

> I get a list object from an iterative function.  I'm trying to figure
> out the most efficient way to calculate the mean of one element, across
> all components of the overall list.
>
> I've tried
>
> output <- mean (listobject[[1:5]]$element)

As nobody knows exact structure of your listobject there is probably no
way to give you any reasonable answer.

what does

str(listobject) give you?

What is result of

listobject[[1:5]]

I presume that you get something like

Error in listobject[[1:5]] : recursive indexing failed at level ...

Regards
Petr