[R] lines and points without margin

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 14 16:44:16 CET 2010

Hi,

Try the following,

plot(1:10,rnorm(10),t="o")

## fill the points in white
plot(1:10,rnorm(10),t="o",pch=21,bg="white")

You could also try this with Grid graphics,

library(gridExtra)
# like type="o"
grid.barbed(space=0)
# like type="b"
grid.barbed(space=1)
# like the example above, but without filling the dots
grid.barbed(space=0.5)

(I may be wrong but don't recall that this parameter is tunable with
base graphics)

HTH,

baptiste