[R] How to ignore data

Steve Sidney sbsidney at mweb.co.za
Mon Dec 13 16:38:47 CET 2010

Dear list

I have quite a small data set in which I need to have the following
values ignored - not used when performing an analysis but they need to
be included later in the report that I write.

Can anyone help with a suggestion as to how this can be accomplished

Values to be ignored

0 - zero and 1 this is in addition to NA (null)

The reason is that I need to use the log10 of the values when performing
the calculation.

Currently I hand massage the data set, about a 100 values, of which less
than 5 to 10 are in this category.

The NA values are NOT the problem

What I was hoping was that I did not have to use a series of if and
ifelse statements. Perhaps there is a more elegant solution.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Regards
Steve