[R] Compare one level of a factor with *all* other non-missing levels

deriK2000 derik2000 at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 10 14:58:30 CET 2010

Peter Ehlers wrote:

> Sounds like you want the Dunnett test procedure which seems
> to be implemented in a number of packages: multcomp, asd, MCPAN
> and others.
>
> It would probably be a good idea to install package 'sos' and
> learn how to search with it.
>
> Peter Ehlers

Thanks for the hints!

Unfortunately, Dunnett compares the mean(x) for a factor level with the
means(x) of all single K-1 other levels resulting in K-1 comparisions for
each level (printed in a lower triangular matrix for the results). Instead,
I just want to compare this one mean(x) with one other mean(x) of all the
K-1 other levels (printed in a vector of length K for the results).

Concerning  sos: sounds like a good idea!

Cheers,

Derik