[R] Trouble Loading doBy and coin Packages

Adam Carr adamlcarr at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 23:53:37 CET 2010

Good Evening R-Help Community:

I have attached a file that contains the output from sessionInfo() and a summary
of my Win XP system. I am running R 2.12.0 and using Tinn-R 2.3.6.2 as my
interface. When I attempt to call either the doBy or coin packages R generates
an error that I do not understand and have so far not been able to resolve by
searching R resources.

I exchanged a couple of emails with Soren Hojsgaard who does not think the doBy
error is directly related to the package itself, and he suggested that I post
this problem for input from others.

When the doBy package is loaded, the following error appears in the Tinn-R log:

Error in length(label) : could not find function ".extendsForS3"
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'doBy'

When the coin package is called, this error appears in the Tinn-R log:

Error in length(sig) : could not find function ".extendsForS3"
Error: package 'stats4' could not be loaded

No functions in either package work, and when I attempt to call them the same
errors are generated in the log.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Adam