[R] change matrix based on look-up value from table

Jon Erik Ween jween at klaru-baycrest.on.ca
Wed Dec 8 20:21:11 CET 2010

Hi!

I have a large dataset where I need to recompute a value in each row based
on z-sores from another look-up table. The look-up table is arranged by raw
score in the first column and age in the first row, eg:

   20  30  40
1 .3  .5  .7
2 .2  .3  .4
3 .1  .4  .7

the main matrix will have ages and raw scores and I need to select the
appropriate value from the look-up table. Unfortunately, the distribution of
the look-up does not fit a linear model, so I can't compute from a formula.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jon