[R] getting the exact p value

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 20:45:47 CET 2010

Hi,

It depends on the function used to calculate it---each has their own
way of extracting particular values.  Here's an example for t.test:

x <- rnorm(10, 100, .1); y <- x - 100
t.test(x, y)$p.value

You could find this yourself by looking at the documentation for t.test()

?t.test

The heading "Value" shows what the function returns (though not
necessarily all printed).  Typically, you can access any of those by
$theirname.  In this case you see p.value, so you can get the p-value
by: t.test()$p.value.  Equivalently (and more useful for reference)

## save the results of t.test()
txy <- t.test(x, y)
txy$p.value

HTH,

Josh

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 11:03 AM, kayj <kjaja27 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way to get an exact p-value at times where R
> gives me just a range . for example
> t.test(x,y)
> p-value < 2.2e-16
>
> thanks,