[R] knowing the code-number of factors in a vector

Rainer Schuermann Rainer.Schuermann at gmx.net
Sat Dec 4 02:04:31 CET 2010

It seems to be dependent upon the the character ("assigned alphabetically") which I found out by manually changing the order of appearance of the characters in rfactor; the colour would stick to the character "a", whether this appears first in rfactor or not.

I as able to control the colours being used by
> boxplot(x~rfactor, col=c("2", "6", "3","5","4"))

Rgds,
Rainer

Disclaimer:
I'm new to R and very early on the learning curve - just trying my best...