[R] Tukey Test, lme, error: less than two groups

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 21:02:28 CET 2010

Lilith,

>> No the big mystery is the Tukey test. I just can't find the mistake, it
>> keeps telling me, that
>> there are " less than two groups"
>> ### Tukey test ##
>> summary(glht(PAM.lme, linfct = mcp(Provenancef = "Tukey")))
>>
>> Error message:
>> Fehler in glht.matrix(model = list(modelStruct = list(reStruct =
>> list(Code  .808654423456211,  :
>>  ‘ncol(linfct)’ is not equal to ‘length(coef(model))’

You need to look, in particular, at what's in your variable "Provenancef."

##
PAMdata$Provenancef
levels(PAMdata$Provenancef)

And if the call to glht() is returning an object you need to inspect
obj$linfct. It contains the contrast matrix (for Tukey contrasts) and needs
to match the number of coefficients in your model. Try the following for
further clues:

glht(PAM.lme, linfct = mcp(Provenancef = "Tukey"))$linfct
coef(PAMaov)

Regards, Mark.