[R] Error using Rcpp under windows xp

randomcz randomcz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 03:57:53 CET 2010

Hi,

I am a newbie to Rcpp packages, and got problems in having basic set-ups for
Rcpp under windows xp. Here is the list I have done.

1) installed Rtools and have no problem in compiling .c file.
2) installed Rcpp packages
3) set enviroment variables 'path' to make C:\Program
Files\R\R-2.12.0\library\Rcpp\include\ searchable

The sample C++ code I used is from the original website:
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp.examples.html

#include <Rcpp.h>

RcppExport SEXP newRcppVectorExample(SEXP vector) {

    Rcpp::NumericVector orig(vector);			// keep a copy (as the classic
version does)
    Rcpp::NumericVector vec(orig.size());		// create a target vector of the
same size

    // we could query size via
    //   int n = vec.size();
    // and loop over the vector, but using the STL is so much nicer
    // so we use a STL transform() algorithm on each element
    std::transform(orig.begin(), orig.end(), vec.begin(), sqrt);

    Rcpp::Pairlist res(Rcpp::Named( "result", vec),
                       Rcpp::Named( "original", orig));

    return res;
}

I got bunch of error messages like:
test.o:test.cpp:(.test+0x141): undefined reference to
'RcppResultSet::RcppResultSet()'
undefined reference to 'double*
Rcpp::internal::r_vector_start<14,double>(SEXPREC*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Can someone help me out?

Thanks,