[R] Downloading a .csv through a .jsp url with variable parameters - R code or package?

Arsenio Staer arsenio.staer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 02:53:09 CET 2010

Dear R experts,

I'm trying to download a .csv file with daily data on the companies through
a javascript url ending in .jsp of the following form:
http://....... .com/.../.../filename.jsp?y=2004&m=3&d=9
where y = year, m = month and d=day. Accessing the link gives you the .csv
for that date. I want to download the whole time series day by day say from
y = 2000 to 2010 into an R dataset. Any idea how to do that through R code?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Arsenio