[R] make check from R2.12.0.exe installation

elliott harrison e.harrison at epistem.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 15:46:09 CET 2010

Hi,

I typically install new versions of R on windows using the downloadable executable file rather than the full tar.
I need to now document the success of the installation in addition to my preferred procedure of running an old dataset against the new build.
I found quickly that this is all available to me but the tests directory I have does not contain the scripts that the tar file does.
How do I check the installation when R is installed in this manner?

Many thanks

Mr Elliott Harrison
Senior Research Associate
Epistem Ltd
48 Grafton Street
Manchester, M13 9XX. UK
Office Tel:  +44 (0) 161 606 7398
Fax:          +44  (0) 161 606 7348
Incorporated and registered in England and Wales under registration number: 03901952.  Registered office: The Incubator Building, Grafton Street, Manchester M13 9XX. VAT registration number: 903 0350 77.
This email and any attachments and files are confidential and are intended only for the addressee(s). Any review, onward transmission, disclosure or other use of this email or any attachments by any other person is prohibited. If you receive this email and are not an intended recipient please inform the sender immediately and delete this message, removing any copies from your system. Unless expressly stated otherwise, any opinions expressed in this email or any attachments transmitted with it are personal and do not constitute the opinions of Epistem Holdings Plc or any subsidiary company (together "Epistem"). Although emails are routinely screened for viruses, Epistem does not accept any liability or responsibility for: (i) changes made to this email or any attachments transmitted with it after they were sent; or (ii) any viruses transmitted through this email or attachments transmitted with it. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this email or any files or attachments transmitted with it will not adversely affect its systems or data and the recipient should carry out such virus checks and other checks that it considers appropriate.
For more information about Epistem please visit: www.epistem.co.uk