[R] R crashes when communicating with JAGS

Florian Weiler fweiler08 at johnshopkins.it
Mon Aug 30 10:17:58 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I have a question regarding using JAGS and R. My problem is that every
single time I want to call JAGS from R the latter crashes (i.e. it
turns pale and the Windows tells me "R has stopped working".
Strangely, if there is a mistake in my jags code, this will be
reported without a crash. Only when the code is right and the model
should start to run, R stops working. I already tried to use different
version of R (currently R 2.10.1 and JAGS-2.1.0-1),but to no avail. A
couple of days ago I even upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, hoping
this would sort our the problem, but its still exactly the same. Could
anyone think of a possible solution for this problem?

I worked on other computers using Windows without encountering the
described problem. However, I am quite new to using JAGS, so I might
just be missing the obvious.

Thanks for your help and precious time,
Florian