[R] Finding functions of large dataset for numerical integration

sam.e sam.engwell at bristol.ac.uk
Sun Aug 29 21:42:20 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to figure out away to integrate under a spline produced
by the package tps(fields). As the package does not output functions I am
trying to do something similar to the trapezium rule. My data are 3D (x, y &
z). I have extracted from the surface output by Tps the values of z at
regular intervals so that I have a grid of figures, for example:

1  4  6  6  8
8  3  2  7  7
2  3  4  9  7
1  2  5  6  7
0  1  4  5  6

I was wondering what the best method for working out the functions of the
squares between the number corner points is? I have a number of these to do
and am struggling to think of a code or where to look that will process my
data in this way so that I can then integrate.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Sam