[R] Error: package/namespace load failed for 'IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db'

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Fri Aug 27 18:37:31 CEST 2010

Hi Kristel --

On 08/27/2010 05:48 AM, Kristel van Eijk wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a problem when loading the library: IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db
>
> I installed the package from zip (from the Bioconductor website), and also
> installed all the packages it asked for. It went all succesfull:
>
> "package 'IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums
> checked"
>
> But when I am trying to load this library I get an error:
>
>> library(IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db)
>
> Welcome to Bioconductor
>
>   Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
>   'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
>   'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.

> Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for
> 'IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db', details:
>   call: sqliteExecStatement(con, statement, bind.data)
>   error: RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: near "s": syntax error)
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db'
>

> I have tried the following things:
> - I reinstalled the packages from Bioconductor (AnnotationDbi, Biobase,
> org.Hs.eg.db and DBI)
> - restarted R
> - removed the zip file and downloaded and installed it again
>
> My version of R is 2.11.1 on a Windows XP computer.

Please ask questions about Bioconductor packages on the Bioconductor
mailing list (you must be subscribed to post).

Please report sessionInfo() in your messages; a very common problem is
version mismatch between installed packages.

Please follow the instructions here to update your installed packages.

  http://bioconductor.org/install/index.html#update-bioconductor-packages

And for what it's worth,

> library(IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db)

Welcome to Bioconductor

  Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
  'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
  'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 Patched (2010-06-03 r52215)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=C              LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] IlluminaHumanMethylation27k.db_1.2.0 org.Hs.eg.db_2.4.1

[3] RSQLite_0.9-2                        DBI_0.2-5

[5] AnnotationDbi_1.10.2                 Biobase_2.8.0

[1] tools_2.11.1

Martin