[R] R.matlab package help

michael tufemichael at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:59:07 CEST 2010

Hi,all
                      I have a problem running R.matlab package
(under 2.10.1 version). I can set up the matlab server under local
machine(run the MatlabServer.m), "

And I can use setVariable and evaluate matlab functions in R. But when I ask
Matlab to send the value back to R using getVariable function it
always returns an error:
"
??? Error: A MATLAB string constant is not terminated properly.

Error in ==> MatlabServer at 197
     eval(expr);
"

it seems matlab have put the data into a temporary file, so my remote
option is actually FALSE? (how to set it to be true?), or otherwise
what could be the possible problem since I can send data to matlab
from R but not vice versa.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] R.utils_1.5.0     R.matlab_1.3.1    R.oo_1.7.3        R.methodsS3_1.2.0

> traceback()
5: file(con, open = "rb")
4: readMat.default(filename)
3: readMat(filename)