[R] Again: wget parameters

Gavin Simpson gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 27 11:51:19 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 11:43 +0200, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team
> Thanks Gavin.
> Gavin Simpson wrote:
> > Unfortunately, binaries are not available on CRAN for MacOS X and
> > Windows, though Prof. Brian Ripley provides a binary for the later - see
> > the link on the RCurl page on CRAN:
> Installation of the source worked like charm by using R package
> installer after installing bitops.
> Just one question. I get this message after installing RCurl:
> installation of package 'RCurl' had non-zero exit status

Probably that it didn't install properly. Have you tried:

I suspect it won't work as it didn't install.

Next step will be to post the output from R when you do:

as somewhere in amongst that will be reason why installation failed.
Note the system reqs. for RCurl:

SystemRequirements:	curl (version 7.14.0 or higher) http://curl.haxx.se

so you need this installed and the development headers for curl
available (on Linux this would usually be in a curl-devel package
provided your linux distribution, but I don't know where or what this
would be on MacOS X.)

You might want to move this to the R-SIG-Mac mailing list as they will
be best placed to assist with installing this package from source on
your system.

All the best,

> Please, what does this mean? Thanks!
> Greetings,
> Ricardo

 Dr. Gavin Simpson             [t] +44 (0)20 7679 0522
 ECRC, UCL Geography,          [f] +44 (0)20 7679 0565
 Pearson Building,             [e] gavin.simpsonATNOSPAMucl.ac.uk
 Gower Street, London          [w] http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucfagls/
 UK. WC1E 6BT.                 [w] http://www.freshwaters.org.uk