[R] multi day R run crashed - is there a log

Martin Tomko martin.tomko at geo.uzh.ch
Wed Aug 25 14:11:43 CEST 2010

Hi Sarah,
thank you very much for your answer. I have been spitting things out on
screen, but unfortunately I have not run it as a batch log, but in the
interactive window, so when the GUI crashed I was left without trace...
I guess I should google how to run it from a batch.

I should also explore using RData, I have ony been using csv files and
tables so far, it seems that can also bring some added performance.

As the main output of my process is a matrix, I would really need to
append to a matrix after each iteration. I have identified the
write.table append parameter-based solution, but that would only append
rows. Is there a way to slowly "grow" a matrix in both directions,
meaning append columns as well (it is a big distance matrix).
Thanks a lot for your help,
Cheers
Martin

--