[R] Parsing a XML file

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 25 05:31:52 CEST 2010

xmlDoc() is not the function to use to parse a file.

Use

   doc = xmlParse("Malaria_Grave.xml")

xmlDoc() is for programmatically creating a new XML within R.
It could be more robust to being called with a string, but
the key thing here is that it is not the appropriate function for what
you want.

Also, if there had been a problem with the parsing, you'd need to give
me/us the offending XML  file so that we could have a chance of reproducing
the problem.

   D.