[R] How to obtain seed after generating random number?

r.ookie r.ookie at live.com
Tue Aug 24 20:47:38 CEST 2010

I have wondered this in the past too so thanks for the question.

On Aug 24, 2010, at 10:11 AM, Bogaso Christofer wrote:

Dear all, I was doing an experiment to disprove some theory therefore
performing lot of random simulation. Goal is to show the audience that
although something has very rare chance to occur but it doesn't mean that
event would be impossible.

In this case after getting that rare event I need to show that same scenario
for multiple times to explain other audience. Hence I need to somehow save
that seed which generates that random numbers after doing the experiment.
However as it is very rare event it is not very practical to start with a
fixed seed and then generate random numbers. Hence I am looking for some way
which will tell me about that corresponding seed which was responsible to
generate that particular series of random numbers responsible for occurrence
of that rare event.

In short, I need to know the seed ***after*** generating the random numbers.

Is there any possibility to know this?

Thanks and regards,