[R] Plotting multiple histograms on same panel

LCOG1 jroll at lcog.org
Mon Aug 23 18:27:07 CEST 2010

Hey everyone,
   So i cant figure this out.  when using histogram() from lattice instead
of hist() i get what i want as far as output.  But using histogram i can
seem to be able to figure out how to get multiple plots on the same panel.

So
par(mfrow=c(3,2))
for (i in 1:20) hist(rnorm(100),main="",cex.axis=.8)

gets me about what i want but i want to use histogram() cause it gives me
the format i want but the identical code does not work for histogram().

par(mfrow=c(3,2))
for (i in 1:20) histogram(rnorm(100),main="",cex.axis=.8)

I thought this was simply set in par() but it doesn't seem to do any good.
Thoughts.

Thanks
JR